Dandelion, in collaboration with Turner Farm, is teaching a risotto making class on April 16th from 10AM-1PM. You will not only have hands-on experience making risotto, but you will also learn why each step in the process is so important. Below is just a sample of the questions that will be answered:
- Rice varieties: what properties you should look for in choosing rice
- Acidic component: why an acidic component is so important
- Stock: why you need to add stock in small quantities
- Flavoring: when should you add meat, vegetables and herbs
- Ratios: how much uncooked rice, stock and wine is needed per serving
Also, we will be making 3 or 4 varieties of risotto in the class for all to try, including Mushroom, Saffron and Spinach w/ Goat Cheese!
Visit the "cooking classes" tab to sign up: http://www.dandelionchef.com/. We hope to see you there!